Posted by .

When an outstation of a “mother church” becomes a nuclear or transitional congregation, the “mother church” can be compensated for the loss of income from the outstation by applying for a Buy-Out Grant. The grant reduces by a third of the original amount over three years. The starting grant is R1000 per month.

Presbyteries should apply for a buy-out grants on behalf of a “mother church” and should provide the Committee with:

  • a short motivation which must include a brief history of the mother church and the outstation
  • and a brief outline of the development plan for the outstation.

Applications should be sent to the Convener: