Posted by .


When a congregation that already has a minister appoints additional staff members in full or part-time capacities, they may apply for Assessment Relief according to the following:
Guidelines Assesment Relief for Growth Oriented Expenditure

  1. The appointment must have taken place in the year of assessment.
  2. The appointment must have the specific intention of growing the size of the congregation and an application to the Church Development Committee must include the completed questionnaire developed by that committee.
  3. The congregation must prove to the Committee that the appointment of additional Ministers, Pastoral Assistants, Youth Workers, etc has been made to grow the congregation rather than to simply maintain an existing workload, or to reach out to communities without the specific intention of adding to the size of the congregation

A copy of the Questionnaire is available here

Applications should be sent to the Convener: