a.k.a The Church Development Evangelist
Church Development Evangelists are a set aside and equipped to establish new work as well as revive ailing congregations.PLEASE NOTE: The committee is reviewing the process for CDE’s and will be contacting the Manual Committee in due course. In summary the steps will be:
How to become a CDE:
- Have a place – a mission – which the Presbytery recognizes as a Church Growth Project.
- Be an Elder and a Lay Preacher
- Apply to GA CDP via Presbytery CDP
- Be interviewed by the Presbytery. They must discern a sense of call to this ministry and that you have a sufficient theological base (they may decide that further training is necessary).
- Presbytery makes final decision.
- Presbytery reports to GA CDP
- Person is set apart and appointed
- After 3 years the appointment is evaluated and either terminated or reappointed by Presbytery.
You can read more from Section 9 of Chap 16 but remember that these regulations will be changed. Click here.