INSPIRING: To promote and encourage a mindset around Mission, Discipleship and Church Growth.
We will do this through Church Growth Forums, Conferences, Sharing Pertinent Theological Information and face-to-face contact with Presbyteries.
The Committee, believing that INSPIRATION is an essential FIRST step to catalysing Church Growth within the UPCSA has now run two fruitful INSPIRE conferences in 2013 and 2015. Our next exciting conference will be in Oct 2018.
The Committee has sent consultations to visit the Amatola Presbytery, the Presbytery of Limpopo in the Vhembe Region, the Thekwini Presbytery, the Mthatha Presbytery and the Western Cape Presbytery and the reports from these visits are contained under our news section. It is exciting to see the work God is doing through the church in these areas.
We have also been doing exciting and innovative work in the following areas:
- Thinking about mobilizing Lay Leaders through the Order of Lay Ministries.
- Thinking about new ways of doing church and we are writing exciting material in this regard
- Partnering with “Fresh Expressions” and “1001 New Worshipping Communities” that are church renewal and church growth movements in the UK and USA. Look at an overview of the course and the 2017 Gauteng Course.
- Re-thinking the language and legislation we use when we are planting new congregations
- Actively encouraging the planting of new congregations (new worshipping communities) through our exciting “Initialisation Grants”.
- Producing important definitions to clarify thinking.
- Running a “Month of Mission” in Oct each year to inspire our members around Mission. We’ve done it in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
As you can see, this is a committee doing very exciting work.